Iyengar Yoga Association of Los Angeles (IYALA)
New members – Register to join the Iyengar Yoga Association of Los Angeles
Continuing members – Renew your membership
The annual dues for IYALA is $85. This includes the $40 membership fee for the national organization, IYNAUS (Iyengar Yoga National Association of the US), and the $45 dues for the regional dues.
Benefits of being a member include:
- Automatic membership in the Iyengar Yoga National Association of the United States (IYNAUS)
- Free community events, including members’ workshops
- Subscriptions to the bi-annual Yoga Samachar national magazine and the Yoga Vidya regional journal
- Privileges to the Karen O’Bannon Memorial Library at the Institute, consisting of books, videos, CDs and DVDs
- Peace of mind and a warm heart for supporting the teachers and students of Iyengar yoga, and the dissemination of B.K.S. Iyengar’s wisdom, both in Southern California and globally
- Substantial discounts on classes and Iyengar books at the Los Angeles Institute
More information and benefits of the Iyengar Yoga Association of the United States
Change in Methods for Renewing Membership
Beginning on January 1, 2019, IYALA membership dues for all members will be paid through the national organization – the Iyengar Yoga National Association of the US (IYNAUS).
Note: There will no longer be an Auto-Renew option through IYALA and MindBody.
New members can apply for membership at IYNAUS at iynaus.org/join.
Continuing members will receive an email reminder from IYNAUS with a link to renew your membership each year.
Processing all dues through our national organization will result in more accurate and up-to-date membership rosters, and will be integrated into the databases used at the Institute in order for members to receive discounts on classes and books.
Please keep in mind the following with regard to accessing your membership information, whether you are a new or continuing member:
- IYALA members are automatically members of IYNAUS, the Iyengar Yoga national organization.
- Every member of IYNAUS has an individual account with a personal login.
- If you are a member of IYALA or have been in the past, you probably already have a login for the IYNAUS website, even if you have never used it. Go to Secure.iynaus.org. You will be shown the sign in form, where you can enter your email address and password.
- If you don’t know your password, you can use the link labeled “Forgot your password?” to reset it.
- If you have never been a member of IYNAUS before, you can create a login account by clicking the link labeled New to IYNAUS? – Register now.
- Once you have signed in, if you are not automatically redirected to the IYNAUS membership site, you will see links labeled “Secure.iynaus.org” and “Member Application.” Click on the link labeled “Member Application” to be taken directly to the form to join IYNAUS. If there is already a membership record for you in the IYNAUS system, your login will be associated with it.
- Note: In the membership form it is important to select LOS ANGELES as your region. This will make you a member of IYALA when you complete your registration.
If you have any questions or run into any problems while registering or logging in with IYNAUS, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.